The goal of strategic inbound marketing is to convert strangers into clients, but imagine going one step further in developing your online community and changing strangers into advocates for your business. For years, financial advisers have relied heavily on referrals to grow their client base; however, the platform to harness and display this positive feedback is now online.
Four steps to conversion
1. Attract web traffic – bring strangers to your site
• Blogging – blogging attracts visitors, provides fresh content and helps your overall SEO ranking
• Social media – although compliance has often been an issue in establishing a strong social media presence in the financial industry, as social media grows, compliance has opened up to include (but is not limited to) Twitter and LinkedIn. Share your knowledge with valuable, strategic content
• Keywords – the key to creating effective keywords is understanding your brand and who your ideal audience is. Integrate these keywords for higher organic ranking in SEO
• Pages – make sure your pages are optimised and visually appealing to keep strangers on your page
2. Connect – convert visitors into leads
• Calls-to-action (CTAs) – CTAs are buttons or links which prompt your visitor to take action with your website
• Landing pages and forms – landing pages are where the visitor is redirected to and where the CTA is fulfilled. There is usually a data capture form which accompanies this page in order for you to generate your contact list. The form is where visitors become leads, and where you can collect information and begin to generate a contact list
• Contacts – keep track of all the contact information to be used in the next step of conversion
3. Engage – transform your leads into clients
• Email and workflows – don’t let your CTAs go to waste. Create an email strategy where you can nurture these leads and convert them into clients with your sales team
• CRM integration – monitor your marketing efforts and make note of the more successful strategies. Compare sales and marketing efforts to make sure that once you attract these leads, the sales team are successful in closing the leads
4. Make the right impression so clients can’t help but recommend your services
• With all your marketing endeavours, make sure you put your best foot forward with targeted content, optimised websites and engaging calls-to-action
• Social media – connect with your clients to build a stronger relationship
• Email – keep in contact with your clients and continue providing the best educational content to build trust
Andrew Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, Goldmine Media
Join now and receive Goldmine Media’s FREE email newsletter.
Sign up to Goldmine Media’s emails and receive FREE marketing guides, special offers and promotions.
Subscribers will receive our regular Goldmine Media email newsletter crammed with ideas to help you improve client communication, raise brand awareness, improve marketing efficiency, enhance client retention and increase sales.